Wednesday, June 27, 2012

CNA Instructor Hanging with Maddie the kangaroo (CNA BLOG)

For years I have told students about the diapered kangaroo hanging out in local nursing homes. Finally, after all these years I had a kangaroo encounter. I was at the Bountiful Avalon care center and their administrator Noralyn Snow is the "kangaroo lady." This is Maddie, the 12th kangaroo she has raised. When they become naughty teenage kanagaroos they go back to the farm where she was born. In a verse from "It's a small world after all", Sarah the daughter of the kangaroo farmer completed our class a few months ago and told us a new kangaroo had been born. Who knew I would meet that kangaroo.

They are very cuddly and sweet. She was licking my face and giving me kisses.

I still standby my thought that if I went to visit someone in a nursing home and they told me there was a kangaroo wearing a diaper in their room I would want to know what drugs they were being given.

CNA BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment