Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Utah Certified Nurse Aide Training

I'm his boogity boo:)

I have a favorite patient. I know we shouldn't have favorites but I can't help it. I love this guy. He has Alzheimer's and he reminds me so much of my dad. He's a picker and a pacer just like my dad. He will stop, bend over and pick up a piece of lint and roll it around in his fingers for an hour. He will stack and unstack magazines and play with the light switches. He also goes into other people's rooms and pees on their stuff. He doesn't talk but has the cutest smile.

Last week the Golden Age Jazz band was playing at the nursing  home. I went over to Earl who was pacing in the activity room. He's not really able to sit. I put my arm around him and started dancing. At first he just looked confused then he started to move. After a few minutes he was actually doing the fox trot. Before long he fox trotted me to the front of the room and we were in front of the band. His hand slipped down to my bum and he grabbed it and said "you're my boogity boo!" He had the most mischievous grin on his face and it totally cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment