Friday, February 22, 2013

MASSAGE

On the bus returning from a long day of walking in the cold our tour guide suggested massages. A one hour massage was $25 in your hotel room. Don's back hurt from carrying Sean on his shoulders so he ordered a massage. I was laying on Sean's bed while Don had his massage. When Don's massage was done she asked if I wanted one. Sure, why not. Don seemed to enjoy his.

My massage was a little different. Usually a masseur ask if you want the massage, light, medium or hard. This lady spoke no English and didn't read body language. She was definitely in the hard category she popped all my fingers and even my toes. I spent the entire massage grimacing in pain and laughing. At one point she had me sit up, grabbed my hair and shook my head back and forth. I don't think this woman trained at the Utah school of massage therapy. She soaked my feet in a bag of water. Don's water wasn't scalding but mine was so hot I could not put my feet in it. The sadist tried to force by feet in the water but I kept pulling them out eventually she put cooler water in the bag. Our trip was all about adventure and the massage was an adventure. I laugh every time I think about it. I wish I had a video of her shaking my head.

Don's feet soaking in a bag of I don't know what

No comments:

Post a Comment