Friday, February 22, 2013

CHINA ADVENTURE

The beginning of our China Adventure with China Spree




The very beginning of our adventure began with my sister and her daughter flying out to stay with mom so we could have our adventure in China. They arrived from North Carolina Saturday night and we left Sunday morning. We flew to LA for our flight from LA to Bejing. I had read some reviews about China Air having crappy planes, crappy seats, crappy attendants and crappy TV's. We were on a new plane that had the individual screens with lots of movies, TV shows and games. Sean did comment on first class as we passed through. "Why can't we sit here, this looks much nicer." Yes, son I would 100% agree with you and if I could afford to go to China first class we'd be sitting there. Back to coach we went. The plane was nice, the food was OK.

The food wasn't bad. Each meal consisted of a choice of beef and rice, pork and rice or chicken and noodles. 12 hours is a long time to ride in a plane. I don't know why Sean was complaing about not being in first class, he stretched across all three rows and slept. Looked pretty first class to me. He is such as excellent traveler. Always a trooper. I flew in what I will refer to as pharmaceutical first class. I went to my family doctor and told him we were going to China and my hips couldn't take the trip. I was flying high in the sky and in my brain. We flew over Russia, that was fun because I could say "I saw Russia from my window."

Don't drink the water, don't drink the water, don't drink the water. They tell us that all the time. They don't have drinking fountains because you can't drink the water. We did drink from this drinking station.

We made it to China! Let the adventure begin.

Don bypassed the internet censor in China by putting a VPN on my computer. I needed to access google for work. We were also able to check facebook with the VPN. It cost $9 for a month pass on a website called Pandapow

No comments:

Post a Comment