Friday, February 22, 2013

CHINESE NEW YEAR

There were red lanterns everywhere. Jim said the Chinese New Year is also called the Spring Festival even though it didn't feel very springy. On Sunday a bunch of our group went to a festival in the city. We were too tired and didn't go. If I had it to do over I would have gone. Don and Sean went swimming and I went to the grocery store in the mall and started packing.



Sean and his dragon ornament.


As we were leaving the hotel they had a New Years celebration.




There were tables of food for the dragon. Gotta keep that dragon happy!


Seeing this picture reminded me that we went to a fabulous Peking duck dinner, so yummy.







I made a video though it doesn't do justice to the volume. There were thousands of fire crackers going of and drummers drumming. It was awesome. I seem to use the word awesome a lot to describe our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment