FEEDING QUIZ FOR UTAH CNA STUDENTS
1. If a resident is choking on food and is coughing strongly, what do you do?
Wait and allow them to cough
2. If your resident has a feeding tube, what do you do with the bed?
Elevate the head of the bed at least 45 degrees during feeding
3. When you are helping a resident to eat, what type of position do you place them in?
Seat them comfortably in an upright position
4. If a person coughs each time they drink fluids, what do you think is the issue?
5. If a resident is supposed to receive supplemental feedings, liquid or solid, who offers it to the resident?
The nursing assistant’s responsibility
6. If my resident has right-sided paralysis, and I am feeding him, the food should be placed where?
On the left side of the mouth or on the unaffected side of the tongue
7. After feeding a resident who has aspiration precautions, the head of the bed should be placed how?
Elevated greater than 30 degrees
8. When I feed a resident, how should I stand?
At eye level
9. What is the CNA’s first reaction when a feeding infusion pump is beeping?
Notify the nurse
10. When feeding a resident after a CVA, the CNA should…
Test the temperature of the food and feed with small bites
11. How long should you leave the HOB up after a tube feeding has ended?
Leave the head of the bed up for one hour
12. Do frequent oral care on a resident who has a feeding tube…
Give frequent oral hygiene to a resident who has a tube feeding
13. Does the CNA disconnect the feeding tube prn?
Using extreme care when repositioning the resident
14. What is a serious problem for a resident with diarrhea?
SOME STUDY QUESTIONS FOR YOUR CNA EXAM!